Monday, January 28, 2008

DNA is a match and on it’s way to the US Embassy in Guatemala!!!

These are 2 of the latest pics we have of Emeline taken Dec 1oth....she is so precious!





Well, folks we are getting closer and closer! Emeline’s DNA was tested, and she is indeed the same baby we visited---not that I even doubted it. I KNOW what my own baby looks like, but I am glad there will never be any doubt for everyone else.
**********************************************************************************
Remember, when we were ORANGE, we got clearance from the US Embassy on 1/17 to have the DNA test done. The DNA test was done in Guatemala, sent to South Carolina for processing at a lab. It is now on its way back to Guatemala to the US Embassy. I had emailed the lab on Monday, and they said they did not have her DNA. However, there is the nicest lady, Pat, who answers emails for the lab who told me she would keep me posted. She was so nice as to send me emails and let me know when they got Emeline’s DNA and all the progress we were making being tested. Today, she sent me 2 emails, and the last one said our DNA has been mailed back to Embassy. I sent her a big thank you email with one of my favorite pictures of Emeline. She said she printed the picture off to display on her “wall of angels.” So, thank you, Pat.
**********************************************************************************
What now??? Well, after the DNA gets to the Embassy (maybe tomorrow) we should get our PINK slip within 48 hours with our Embassy appointment date for Emeline’s VISA. This means we will be free to travel. However, our appointment will be 10-14 days out from when we get our pink slip. We will be notified through email that we are pink, and then we will buy our plane tickets and go to Guatemala ASAP!!! I am hoping we can fly around Feb 10th. Hopefully, our appointment will be the week of Emeline's birthday.
**********************************************************************************
Please continue to pray for Emeline’s adjustment and for a smooth Embassy appointment!!!
Blessings,
Shannon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEs!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!! You will probably be flighing before we get back home to phone you. But know that we are praying for everything involved, and we are so excited for Emeline to be finally coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel and Byron