Friday, October 3, 2008

Better Days


Our camera is not cooperating and allowing us to download pictures at the moment, so I had no new pictures to show you of our girl. However, I have so many pictures I love, so I decided to give you one of the earliest we have. The above picture is from our visit trip to Guatemala when Emeline was just 11-12 weeks old. Was she ever so tiny...it is hard to believe. Look at all that soft, black hair. It was soft like feathers. I would give anything to have had more time with Emeline when she was so tiny, but we are thankful for the times God has given us now. I am so glad we have those precious memories and so many pictures of our short time together. We were in Guatemala for around 10 days. I am thankful we did not know we would have such a long wait to bring her home. (Though, so many more families waited even longer and are waiting even now!) Precious memories...
Back to the present...we are feeling so much better. Thanks for all of you who checked on us. My strong Guatemalan daughter never did get sick. I still can't believe it. Chris and I both had that virus, though Chris has a much milder case than I. We have been blessed with a healthy child. She has yet to even really be sick enough to bring to the doctor for other than vaccinations apart from her sensitive skin when we first arrived home in Germany, and she has been home over 7 months.
Emeline spends much of her time these days caring for her babies, which can anything from baby dolls to stuffed monkeys. She covers them up--sometimes with clothes or with blankets and pushes them in her stroller. She is a good mommy to her babies. Though she still is not saying many words--especially in English, she is saying "shoes." Hmmm could there be a reason she is saying that word. If you saw in her closet you would know why. As soon as we get the camera figured out I will post new pictures.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I am SO happy that Emeline didn't get sick. You know, Aeson hasn't really been sick outside of teething. Our babies are strong!

I miss Aeson being that tiny. He was 3 months the first time I saw him, too. I often look at those pictures trying to remember what it was like before he really moved. I used to leave him on the bed playing while I cleaned up and got ready...those days are SO long gone!

Katy said...

Hee hee..what a cute picture that is! I'm so glad that I was finally able to meet her!!!