Saturday, June 28, 2008

Emeline Goes to Paris
































Last week Emeline and I met some friends for 3 days of girl-only fun in Paris. It is only 4 hours by train from were we live, and we shared a hotel room with friends. We celebrated a friend’s birthday, and Emeline got to meet a dear friend of mine for the very first time. We saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre—I even got Emeline’s picture with her! We also spent some time at the Eiffel tower where my other friend took some pictures I will treasure for the rest of my life. Emeline clapped when the tower lit up and started twinkling. I think Emeline’s favorite thing was riding the carousel near the Eiffel tower. Oh, and did I mention Emeline got kissed by a boy in front of the Eiffel tower—and she not even 2 years old??

We also saw visited Notre Dame, and Emeline also got to go on a boat ride and have hot chocolate at the famous Angelina’s in Paris. She also had macaroons from Laduree. Did I mention this was an all girls’ trip?? She also went to a very famous shopping mall in Paris to see all the perfumes. Though it was hotter than expected and navigating the subway system in Paris with a stroller was not easy, we made it and had a great time with the help of our good friends.

Emeline’s big purchase was a book called Everybody Bonjours! by Leslie Kimmelman.

Here is a quote from this children's book about a little girls adventures on her first trip to Paris:
Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says “Bonjour!”




I thought it was a perfect gift for Emeline to have to remember our trip, and she just loves to read it with us.


She also got hot pink French boure' which she insisted on wearing even in the heat. More and more I am seeing I have a girly girl on my hands! It was a trip I will always remember…I kept looking at her and thinking that I was so glad to have her with me and not believing we were in Paris.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Shannon! Those pictures of you two in front of the Tower are about the most amazing things ever! You need to blow those up as big as you can and put them all over your house. I love them. What a special weekend. That book looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

I loved meeting Emeline for the first time and enjoying all the girly fun we all had together! You are truly blessed to have Emeline as your daughter, and I am truly blessed to have both of you as my friends!!!!!

Madge said...

Oh, La,La Paris what fun!
It is one of the best cities to explore...Love the pics of you all, what a globe trotter Miss Emeline is becoming. That age is so much fun adn it just gets better.
Does she have any Madeline books yet? They are great for your next visit.
Haave a great summer.

Pineapple Princess said...

I never got to tell you how much I love those pictures. They are absolutely amazing! What a special memory you two will have. You two look so beautiful and happy together... mama and daughter!