Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Emeline gives sweet kisses to Daddy.







Posing with Uncle Martin...













Daddy with Emeline...




Happy Father’s Day, Chris… Emeline and I love you and are so blessed to have you in our lives!!!You are a Father who treasures his daughter and seeks to show her who Jesus is every day. What a gift you are to both of us.





Emeline LOVES her daddy. I think the pictures above really speak for themselves. (By the way these pictures were actually taken --today June 15th-- on Father' Day 2008.)

I bought the song “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman for Chris for Father’s Day. I am including some of the lyrics below. What a joy it is to see Chris with our little princess. Thank you, Lord, that she is home with us to celebrate this very special day. May we never forget what a precious gift she is! May we soak of every moment and never be too busy to treasure every day we have with her.



Steven Curtis Chapman recently lost his 5 year old daughter Maria Sue, who he and his wife adopted from China. The Chapmans have adopted 3 daughters from China and also have 3 bio children. Maria Sue was killed in a tragic accident at their home a few weeks ago. This makes this song even more meaningful to me. The Chapman's have a charity called Shaohannah's Hope that helps orphans in China as well as families who are adopting children. They gave us a grant towards our adoption, so needless to say this family has a special place in my heart. I am including a link to the song with a tribute to Maria. Please keep this family in your prayers....and take some time to snuggle with your little princes and princesses today.




Here is the link to the video:











Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman



She spins and she sways

To whatever song plays without a care in the world

And I'm sitting here wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day and there's still work to do

She's pulling at me saying "Dad, I need you…

There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited

And I need to practice my dancing




Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms

'Cause I know something the prince never knew.

Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song

'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight

And she'll be gone...



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, BUNNY!!!



Here are some more recent pics of our Guatemalan princess.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emeline is definitely Chris's daughter...Uncle Martin indeed. :)