Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankful








Yep, we are thankful. Sweet girl with her daddy.













This is what Emeline's daddy did to her when she got the tape out of his desk.










18 1/2 weeks pregnant....taken after dinner for the best possible effect.



We had a busy few weeks. Chris and I celebrated our 9th anniversary, which this year fell on Thanksgiving. We were actually married the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so sometimes like this year the dates line up. We celebrated Emeline’s first Thanksgiving home with us. I remember this time last year everything was up in the air with Guatemalan adoptions. I remember it all too well. I remember thinking…please by this time next year let her be home! Oh, and I am so very thankful that she is indeed home. As I hoped and hoped that our girl would come home last year, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would be celebrating the next Thanksgiving with my sweet girl and be pregnant. It’s really too much to get my head around. So, I m still riding the wave of thankfulness. God has blessed us more than we could have asked or imagined.

Sorry I haven’t posted in so long. Our computer was in the shop for 10 days, and I just haven’t had a moment to post. Thank you for all who are praying for a healthy pregnancy. So far, Baby seems to be doing great, and I am feeling pretty good as well! I want to finish off with a little note I typed up the day I found out I was pregnant.

Today is a day I will never forget. Today is the day I found out I was pregnant. After 5 years I had really thought it might not ever happen. I was late…about 10 days late before I took a test, because I just wanted to daydream about the possibility of being pregnant. It was enough to allow myself what I considered somewhat delusional thinking. It just seemed too good to be true. Early this morning, which is Wednesday, September 03, 2008 I got up early while Chris and Emeline were still in bed, and I walked to our corner drug store (after picking up some cereal at the supermarket) and bought 2 pregnancy tests—and some paper towels and toilet paper.

My mouth was dry and I was really nervous as I took the test. I waited for the results praying that God would give me peace no matter what the results, and that I would indeed be pregnant. I was ecstatic and in disbelief when I saw 2 lines on that pregnancy test. I was schwanger!!!! I kept looking at the test…checking the results against the box. I was in shock…a very happy shock.

Then, I went back into the bedroom where Emeline and Chris were still asleep. I gave the positive pregnancy test to Emeline and told her to give it to her daddy. Chris, who was half in a daze could not believe his eyes. We were screaming as Emeline began to pretend the pregnancy stick test was a cell phone and tried to talk on it.

Then, I went to the doctor whose office is in apartment buildings one street over. The nurse was very nice and got me set up to see him in an hour. At 10:30am Chris, Emeline and I were all in his office. A few moments later we were looking at our baby for the first time. Praise the Lord!!!!

9 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

I am just so excited for you!
You look great, by the way!
Enjoy your miracles! Try to take it all in, if it's even possible. Praising God with you!

drew moser said...

Yeah! You look adorable! We are very, very excited for you all! Emeline will be a precious big sister! Bekah

Katy said...

unbelievable :-) I am still so excited for y'all and can't wait to see Emeline as a big sis. I love the pictures of her and am praying for you and baby!

Unknown said...

love your tummy! so excited for you! i can't believe you guys got married 9 years ago...it seems like yesterday. take care! yay!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! God is so good. :) I am so happy for you, Friend. :)

(And I can't wait to see you in two weeks!)

jajbs said...

You look so cute!!! I am so excited for you! I have been checking for the story of the DAY! I completely understand checking the box with the test. I did it for days afterward! lol

Happy Belated Anniversary!

amanda

CristyLynn said...

We're so happy for you, Shannon! How wonderfully God is adding to your family. You look beautiful!
Happy Anniversary, too!

Deanna said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

The Yaegers said...

i can't believe we started talking about you having a baby so many years ago, when really it seems like yesterday, and now you have 1.5!!!!! i am just so happy for you and i love that you were vulnerable enough to let us read your journal. and by the way, that picture of chris reading with emeline asleep on him might be the cutest thing i have ever seen. now i am determined to take the same picture with my family. love you!!