Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Guatemala Bound!!!!!!!!!!!








(These are the absolute latest pics of Emeline from 2/2/07 when she was 11 months 3 weeks old. The next pictures you will see of Emeline will be of all of us together in Guatemala!!!)




We have our PINK slip—that means we are cleared to travel to Guatemala to be with Emeline!!! We got this news very late last night, and I was happily up until 4 am getting plane tickets to the US and Guatemala. We will arrive in Guatemala on Monday, just in time to celebrate Emeline’s first birthday on Tuesday, February 12th. Our visa appointment is at 7:15 am on Friday, February 15th. If all goes well we will be able to pick up Emeline’s visa that allows her to enter the US on Tuesday, February 19th. Normally, you can pick your visa up the next day, but we have a weekend and a holiday in between. I will also have my birthday on the Saturday we are in Guatemala—oh, and there’s also Valentine’s Day. Chris better get busy preparing for a busy week pampering his 2 special ladies!!!

Now, we are packing and finishing up baby proofing our apartment. It doesn’t seem real!!! Please pray with us that we have a very smooth and trouble free visa appointment. Please also pray for Emeline as she transitions to having us as her parents. (I think we will be a little bit more excited to see her than she will be to see us!)

Keep checking the blog, because I plan to post pictures of Emeline’s room in the next couple of days. We will also be posting from Guatemala. So, stay tuned…it’s going to get good!!!


4 comments:

Bekah said...

hooray! hooray! hooray!!!!! so excited for you guys and SO awesome that you will be in Guatemala for both of your birthdays. special, special days ahead. can't wait to see pictures!!!

The Booys said...

We are so excited for you guys. I bet you are experiencing a multitude of emotions right now!! Blessings, safe journey and bring that baby home. Can't wait to see Emeline!!!

yippee, kelly

der John said...

I can't help it! I just have to cry! I am so thrilled for you both. You are going to be such good parents. I will write your appointment on the 15th on my calendar so I will remember to pray. Can't wait to see you here in Germany with her. Bless you!!! Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Rachel