Monday, February 11, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hello everyone. We are in the New Orleans International Airport waiting to get on a flight to Charlotte, NC and then on to Guatemala City, Guatemala. We are due to arrive at around 3pm and will be meeting Emeline in our hotel lobby at 5pm. Please keep us all in your prayers—especially sweet Emeline as she gets to know us.

We have been in the US over the weekend visiting my family in Louisiana. This was our first time home in 2 years as we have not been home since leaving for Germany. Right after we got off the plane we went to eat at Chilis with my entire family…I was practically drinking the salsa. Then, my nephews beat us home and shot off fireworks as we came down the driveway. The next 2 days involved much eating and many visits to Walmart and Target. I was in awe of the cereal aisle at Walmart. I also managed to eat at Taco Bell and have lots of nestle chocolate chip cookies and Blue Bell ice cream in the past few days. Oh, and Chris was able to help Devin “build a fort.” The boys spent the night with my parents and us on Saturday night. I also got to visit with my grandmothers and one of my best childhood friends and her family. So, lots of memories, food and fun were packed into a very short time.

In just a few hours we will be with Emeline!!!! Now, we are off to Guatemala!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon and Chris-Ruth and I couldn't be happier for you --THREE. May God's love, compassion and courage be with you as all the nerves try to rumble around Mamma and Daddy.

Madge said...

Hey you three! I'm posting this and praying this at 22.06 Uhr my time...that's 4'ish East Coast time...so that means you are close to having your hands full of baby! Blessings to you all!
madge

Anonymous said...

We are so jeaulouse of all the American food that you all got to eat and all the fun of the US. But...we are so blessed that you are probably now holding little Emeline! Love y'all!

Rachel and Byron

Anonymous said...

so excited for you guys!!!!!!

w & dee

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you!!! I, too, am jealous of all the American food, but soooo happy that you should be holding your dear baby in the next hour or so!

love you guys and praying,
Cathie